Belmont House, Beer
Belmont House is a large and spacious East Devon holiday cottage in the quaint seaside village of Beer, a 2-minute stroll to the beach. Belmont sleeps 8 in 5 bedrooms (one ground floor), all with en-suite bathrooms and TVs. - View full cottage description
Belmont House is set in the heart of Beer, a delightful Devon fishing village with a gurgling stream running down to a pretty little cove with a shingle beach.
Just two minutes’ walk to the beach, this former fisherman’s cottage provides superb holiday accommodation that the current owner used to run as a very successful B&B.
There is a warm welcome at this lovely cottage, and all the bedrooms have been individually designed to a high standard and are extremely comfortable, all with en-suites and TVs.
The blue room, being the master bedroom, even has a 3-seater sofa and drinks fridge, so friends can gather for drinks before heading off to one of the village restaurants for supper.
One of the bedrooms is on the ground floor, so ideal for those wishing to avoid the stairs.
As well as a small snug, the cottage has a good-sized dining room plus a kitchen with a Rayburn, in addition to a gas oven and hob, so all guests can cook and eat together comfortably.
Alternatively, there is a chef service available on request or breakfast ingredients can be delivered, at an extra charge, which are locally sourced and organic where possible.
Outside this delightful cottage is a private enclosed patio where you can relax with a morning coffee whilst planning your next day’s activities.
Devon is blessed with hundreds of specialist food producers, a foodie’s heaven, so at this cottage make the choice between self-catering or your very own chef.
Guests will definitely be tempted to opt for the Buck's Fizz and local fish and chip delivery on day of arrival, as what could be more convenient after a long journey?
Then stroll down to the beach for a breath of sea air and watch the boats being winched up the beach with their catch of the day.
Alternatively, maybe a walk along the cliffs to Branscombe or a stroll to Jubilee Gardens, where the views across the bay are breathtaking, would be your choice.
Beer has even been used as the location for a Midsomer Murders series, Down Among the Dead Men, and ITV’s Broadchurch series, with David Tennant, was filmed in the West Bay area.
With numerous interesting places to visit nearby, including Seaton, Lyme Regis, Axminster and Sidmouth, this Devon holiday home is a perfect base.
* Five bedrooms with TV:
* 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC
* 1 x double with en-suite corner bath, shower over, basin and WC
* 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and separate WC
* 2 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC.
* Dining room.
* Sitting room.
* Gas central heating
* Rayburn range, gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher
* 6 x TVs (one Smart) with Freeview
* iPod dock
* WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
* Fuel and power inc. in rent
* Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
* Parking in public car park adjacent, weekly permit available which also covers all other East Devon pay and display car parks for £25 for 24/7 parking (available from the car park machine by cash/card in the public car park adjacent, Beer Post Office and local shops)
* Private enclosed front patio with furniture
* Sorry, no pets and no smoking
* Shop and pub 2 mins walk
* Beach 2 mins walk
1. One double bed accessible from one side only
2. Owner can provide a chef and housekeeping service by prior arrangement
3. Adults only, no children
4. Check-in time 5pm.
This cottage has been on My Favourite Holiday Cottages since 24/11/2016.
The property is in an ideal location in the centre of Beer. We were able to park the car and not use it again until we left, as access to local facilities, walks and buses were excellent. The cottage was spotlessly clean and equipped with everything you could need. Highly recommended.
Published on 28/11/2016 by Diana Shattock, Plymouth, June 2016
Tel: 01244 746494
PostCode: EX12 3EN
My Favourite Holiday Cottages
The Old Kiln,
Phone: 01271 377 432
VAT. No: 150 4721 40
Terms & Conditions