Dower House is a large 18th-Century Devon holiday farmhouse sleeping 8 in 4-bedrooms, with panoramic views across the Dart Estuary in the village of Dittisham between Dartmouth and Totnes for holidays with families or small groups of friends.
- View full cottage description
Situated in the heart of the charming village of Dittisham and enjoying extensive views across the village and the Dart estuary, this large and gorgeous 18th Century cottage, originally a farmhouse, provides extremely comfortable and attractive self-catering accommodation in a most desirable South Devon location. It will suit a large single family, dual family holidays or for a group of up to 10 friends.
Approached via a private drive with space to accommodate plenty of guests’ cars, the superb Dower House is surrounded by an orchard garden that slopes down to the River Dart. The majority of rooms offer gorgeous river and rural views, as does the large terrace extending down the river-facing side of Dower House and a natural gathering point on sunny days or balmy evenings in summer whether for early morning breakfasts or evening dinners.
Accommodation in Dower House comprises:
* A Hallway off which is a shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC.
* Steps down to the dining/sitting room that has feature beams, a large stone fireplace inset with a large wood burner, a farmhouse table to seat 10, 2 small sofas, stereo/CD player with iPod dock and a door to the terrace.
* A step down to the spacious, most attractive drawing room that is very comfortably furnished with large sofas, TV with DVD, a fine stone fireplace inset with a large wood burner and a door to the terrace outside.
* Off the dining room is the newly refurbished kitchen/breakfast room, with freestanding fridge/freezer, ceramic hob, built in electric oven, combination microwave/oven/grill and dishwasher, table and chairs and door to the terrace. (A washing machine and tumble dryer are located in the external boiler room.)
* From the hallway steps up to a split landing where the bedrooms consist of:.
1 The master double bedroom has a 5ft bed, superb views and an en-suite bath/shower room with a corner shower, bath, basin and WC.
1 Small bunk room with 2ft 6in set of bunk beds and lovely views.
1 Large bedroom with twin 3ft beds and two floor level occasional pull-out beds and more lovely views.
1 Second double bedroom with 4ft 6in bed, views and access to the side of the property.
Also on this floor is a family bathroom with separate shower, bath, basin and WC.
Steps down from the front door lead to a landscaped area containing lawn that extend from the front to the side of the house t and on into a hedged and enclosed sloping orchard.
A path runs along the side of the house to steps that lead up to the wide terrace across the property with spectacular river views. Garden furniture and gas barbecue are provided allowing guests to dine outside. Further steps lead down to a lower level of lawn, which also offers wonderful views.
The price includes:
* Bed linen, towels
* WiFi (most rooms)
* Travel cot, high chair,
* 1 basket of logs,
* Heating (oil) and electricity.
The nearest beach is Blackpool Sands, just 6 miles from Dower House. A Dart Estuary beach and riverside pub are just a five-minute stroll. There are shops and facilities for hiring boats in Dittisham.
Please Note: This property will only take a maximum of six adults. An adjoining annex is occasionally used by the owners.
This cottage has been on My Favourite Holiday Cottages since 30/03/2017.
A superb property, beautifully appointed and very cosy.
Published on 10/04/2017 by February 2017
My wife and i thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Dower House, which we both feel is the best UK property we have rented to date especially for the quality of the property, the fixtures and fittings and the value for money for just two people to stay there. Will hope to book and stay there again. It really felt like a home from home to us.
Published on 10/04/2017 by May 2016
Really lovely cozy cottage, with great views! Loved the kitchen which was very well equipped. The heating and wood burning stoves kept us warm through a cold February stay. Dittisham is also a great little village with a lot to do in the area. Also like the layout of the cottage - the small steps were fine for our 20 month old daughter and we could close the doors in the various rooms, instead of using stair gates. Can't wait to come and stay again. Good off road parking for our two cars as we were two families staying. Having 3 bathrooms was also very handy!
Published on 10/04/2017 by February 2016
Toad Hall Cottages
Tel: 01548 202020
PostCode: TQ6 0HD
My Favourite Holiday Cottages
The Old Kiln,
Phone: 01271 377 432
VAT. No: 150 4721 40
Terms & Conditions