Magnolia Cottage is quite simply, a beautiful ‘chocolate-box’ thatched holiday cottage with gorgeous far-reaching sea views. You will find it in the pretty South Devon seaside village of Strete near Dartmouth. Magnolia Cottage sleeps 4 in 2 spacious bedrooms. - View full cottage description
Set in the picturesque village of Strete, Magnolia Cottage is a picturesque property offering far reaching views of the sea. The property is located perfectly for exploring Dartmouth, Salcombe and the surrounding South Hams.
Magnolia Cottage is very comfortably furnished. The ground floor is largely open plan with a combined lounge and dining room – its traditional cosy cottage ambience is enhanced with the warming presence of a log burner in the fireplace.
Immediately outside the cottage is a paved courtyard which leads to an elevated terrace with fine sea views. Unsurprisingly the terrace has outdoor dining furniture making it the perfect space for peaceful outdoor dining experiences.
The picturesque sea-faring Dartmouth town of Dartmouth is just a short drive from the cottage. Visit the town to discover a tempting choice of fine restaurants, bars, cafes, galleries and shops. Combine this with a river boat tour up the Dart Estuary to Totnes up the Dart in a choice of craft including an Edwardian steam-powered paddle boat and a converted WW2 motor-torpedo boat. You can catch a steam train from Kingswear taking you to Goodrington and Paignton or nearby Greenway House, once Agatha Christie’s home now a National Trust property.
To the east, the whole of Torbay - the English Riviera - awaits you, from the bustling fishing harbour of Brixham to Torquay and Babbacombe with a whole host of attractions from theatres and ice-cream parlours to piers, aquariums and mackerel fishing trips.
The accommodation at Magnolia Cottage comprises:
The Living Room
* Open plan with dining room located on the ground floor
* Furnished with seating for four people, coffee table, sideboards and book shelves
* 30-inch flat-screen TV with Freeview
* Wood burner
* Located on the ground floor
* Electric oven with grill, electric hob, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher and washer dryer
* Fully equipped with a range of utensils and accessories including cafetiere, coffee machine, iron, ironing board, kettle, toaster and vacuum cleaner
* Dining area furnished with a table and seating for four
* Located on the first floor
* Furnished with a double bed, bedside table with lamp, wardrobe and chest of drawers
* Located on the ground floor
* Furnished with twin beds, bedside table with lamps, mirror, wardrobe and chest of drawers
* Main shower room located on ground floor
Features a walk-in shower cubicle, wash basin, WC, heated towel rail, mirror
* En suite to bedroom one located on the first floor
* Features a bath with shower over, wash basin, WC, mirror and cabinet
* Private garden offering small paved courtyard and elevated patio seating area with sea views
* Garden furnished with patio table and chairs
* Secured parking for one average sized car with additional on street parking.
This cottage has been on My Favourite Holiday Cottages since 01/03/2017.
Wonderful cottage. Very cosy and welcoming. Beautifully furnished and tucked away so it really felt like we were on our own. Great local walks too. Would recommend this cottage if you like getting away from it all and completely relaxing.
Published on 05/04/2017 by Lynne Whitehead, Oldham on 20/02/2017
t A wonderful cottage. First class all round.
Published on 05/04/2017 by Sonja Burndt, Stockholm on 01/02/2017
Lovely quiet location. Pretty cottage with sea views from upstairs. Excellent pub & bistro in Stoke Fleming.
Published on 05/04/2017 by Alison Sims, Huddersfield on 07/01/2017
Week break in Magnolia Cottage for 2. Cottage was well equipped, well presented in the quiet village of Strete in Devon Loved the area with so much to do even in mid-November We will return again to the area. Recommended!
Published on 05/04/2017 by Alan G. Poole on 23/11/2015
Blue Chip Holidays
Tel: 0330 920 5027
PostCode: TQ6 0RN
My Favourite Holiday Cottages
The Old Kiln,
Phone: 01271 377 432
VAT. No: 150 4721 40
Terms & Conditions