Driftwood House is a large, dog friendly holiday cottage in Newquay within walking distance of Fistral Beach and the Pentire Headland. Driftwood sleeps 8 guests in 4 bedrooms. It's hard to believe that it is a modern house, so beautifully has it been designed by Duchy of Cornwall Architects.
- Sleeps 8
- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 2
- Child Friendly
- Dog Friendly
Driftwood is a large (sleeps 8), spacious and well-equipped four bedroom house ideally situated for Fistral Beach
This family friendly four-bedroom semi-detached house is situated in one the most sought after areas of Newquay. Driftwood House is built on duchy land under the supervision of Price Charles and the Duchy of Cornwall reflecting the theme of a Cornish fishing village.
Driftwood House takes up the right-hand side of the property, internally it is spacious and well equipped offering all the creature comforts of a home away from home. Externally, the property benefits from being perfectly situated for Fistral Beach, offering one off-street parking spaces and a furnished garden with seating for eight people.
Newquay’s premier surfing beach, Fistral, is just 300 metres away, and is easily accessible by a gentle three-minute walk. This close proximity to Fistral Beach makes it easy for friends and families to carry surf boards, picnics and beach gear to the beach, so there is no need to drive.
Equally accessible is the River Gannel tidal estuary, an area popular with bird watchers and anglers. The beauty and tranquillity of the area makes and ideal setting for romantic walks and picnicking.
Whilst in the area, why not enjoy a round at one of the finest links courses in the South West, Newquay Golf Course, which is situated directly behind Fistral Beach. For those looking for an adrenaline rush, a visit to the Lusty Glaze Adventure Centre is a must, where activities on offer include rock climbing, abseiling and coasteering.
After an exhausting day of surfing or exploring, it’s time to satisfy the taste buds and with an excellent choice of food on offer, from beach front cafés to continental style brasseries, there really are gastronomic options to suit all occasions and tastes. For a special treat, head to one of the exclusive restaurants in the area, such as Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Cornwall, and indulge in some of the finest decadent delights that the South West has to offer.
• Situated on the ground floor with French doors leading out to the patio
• Furnished with a three and four seater sofa, two leather armchairs, pine coffee table and two pine side tables
• Featuring a wall-mounted TV with Freeview, DVD player, iPod docking station with CD player and a selection of board games and DVDs
• Situated on the ground floor overlooking the front garden
• Featuring a double electric oven, grill, gas hob, microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge, freezer, washing machine and dishwasher
• Fully equipped with a range of utensils and accessories including a cafetiere
• Dining area in the conservatory with pine table and seating for ten
• Situated on the second floor
• Furnished with a super king-size bed, two seater leather sofa, free standing pine wardrobe, two chest of drawers with bedside lamps, free standing full length mirror and wall-mounted TV with Freeview
• Situated on the first floor with views over the back garden
• Furnished with a double and single pine bed, pine wardrobe with five drawers, two bedside cabinets with lamps, chest of drawers, dressing table with chair and a wall-mounted TV with Freeview
• Situated on the first floor with views of the front garden
• Furnished with a king-size bed, triple wardrobe with full length mirror, chest of drawers, two bedside tables with lamps and TV with built-in DVD player and Freeview
• Situated on the second floor with views of the front garden
• Furnished with a double bed, pine double wardrobe, dressing table, two bedside tables with lamps and wall-mounted TV with Freeview
• Family bathroom situated on the first floor between the second and third bedroom
• Comprises of bath with shower overhead, WC, wash basin, mirror, shelving and shaver point
• Downstairs cloakroom features a WC, wash basin, cabinet and mirror
• Shower room situated between bedroom one and four comprises of a shower cubicle, WC, wash basin, mirror and wall-mounted storage
• Property is accessed by one step and has two flights of 13 internal steps
• Furnished garden with seating for eight
• Allocated parking for one car
• Ample on the street parking
A LOVELY HOLIDAY IN DRIFTWOOD by Tim Booker, Bristol, August 2014 on November 17th 2016
We had a fantastic holiday at Driftwood House, on the outskirts of Newquay. The location was ideal, as it was a quiet cul-de-sac, within walking distance of Fistral Beach, the Gannel Beach and the facilities in central Newquay. It was also a good base for driving to other places in Cornwall, with easy access to the ring road. There were no problems with parking. Although there is only one reserved parking space next to the property, parking on the road adjacent to the property was not a problem. The property itself was ideal for our family, which included teenagers and older people. The bedrooms were spacious, and very pleasantly decorated. Bathroom/toilet facilities were spacious and clean. Downstairs there was a very well equipped kitchen, a spacious lounge, and lovely sunny conservatory dining area. It was noted that there are plans to refurbish the ground floor into open plan living, which will further enhance this property. There is a lovely outside area, which is private and suitable for sitting and dining. All in all, we had a lovely holiday, and would definitely visit the area, and the property again.
Availability and enquiries
Cottage added 3rd November 2016