4th Jan 2019 - 28th Feb 2019
Wonderful house with fantastic social area of kitchen and sofas .Great views of river dart with seals kingfishers and much more to watch we had such a wonderful Christmas and would love to go back in summer to enjoy so much more near to Beach End .
Alan Pardoe - December 2018
Beach End will put you utterly in tune with the tidal clock, being so close to the waterside that there are times of the day when your main road (a short drive along the beach), lies underwater, leaving you in a remote ‘island’ of peace and tranquillity on the shores of the River Dart near Ditisham in South Devon. You are not completely cut off from the world at high tide – from the rear of the house is a little private pathway that if followed will lead you to Ditisham’s pub and a sea-food café. No hardship there, and all part of the appeal of this luxury riverside holiday cottage.
Bring a boat to get out on the water or take the children crabbing along the nearby pontoon or simply go for a long shoreline paddle with your dog. The river views from Beach End are superb. Enjoy them from indoors in the winter or outdoors on the terrace where there is a BBQ and outdoor dining tables and chairs for eating and drinking while watching the traffic side sedately up and downstream at all states of the tide.
Accommodation at Beach End comprises:
• Lounge with TV with Sky, DVD, wood burner, piano, a collection of nostalgic family games and a book library.
• Mud room/ Ground-floor wet room with adjoining utility room containing a washing machine and tumble dryer.
• Spacious kitchen-dining room with floor to ceiling windows offering panoramic river views. Bi-fold doors lead on to the patio. Throw open the doors on a summer’s day or on warm evenings to bring the outdoors in. The kitchen is fully equipped for preparing everything from big breakfasts to evening banquets having a large double oven and gas hob.
• Ground floor twin bedroom and en-suite shower room with WC, having its own accesses to the terrace plus table and chairs for a two.
• Master bedroom with double bed, a Juliet balcony and en-suite shower room.
• Double bedroom
• Twin Bedroom
• Family bathroom with bath, wash basin and WC.
• Large bedroom with twin beds, a set of full-size bunk beds and an en-suite shower room to accommodate 2 adults and 2 children.
Please check tide times before travelling to plan your arrival when there is access: www.tidetimes.org.uk Arriving at low tide will minimise the transfer of suitcases etc.
You will need ‘sensible shoes’ for the footpath to the pub – and a torch if walking it after dark
2 Pets are welcome. Please note that the garden is not enclosed, so pets (and young children) will require supervision.
|Per Night||Per Week||From||To|
|From £225||From £1459||Fri 4th January 2019||Thu 28th February 2019|
|From £237||From £1524||Fri 1st March 2019||Thu 21st March 2019|
|From £394||From £2547||Fri 22nd March 2019||Thu 23rd May 2019|
|From £426||From £2976||Fri 24th May 2019||Thu 30th May 2019|
|From £413||From £2669||Fri 31st May 2019||Thu 27th June 2019|
|From £495||From £3463||Fri 28th June 2019||Thu 29th August 2019|
|From £394||From £2547||Fri 30th August 2019||Thu 10th October 2019|
|From £405||From £2657||Fri 11th October 2019||Thu 17th October 2019|
|From £405||From £2657||Fri 18th October 2019||Thu 24th October 2019|
|From £225||From £1459||Fri 25th October 2019||Thu 19th December 2019|
|From £465||From £3097||Fri 20th December 2019||Fri 3rd January 2020|
Devon at its Best
June 30th 2018
A three generation holiday for nine, in a perfect location. The best weather ever enabled us all, from two to 69, to Fish, sail, grub about and absorb the views and tranquility. The house is a home, and we love it. I'd love some more chopping boards, large water jugs, views from the BBQ terrace ...we were so tempted to cut down the greenery! Small details in an otherwise perfect week.
September 3rd 2017
This was our first visit to the newly enlarged and improved Beach End Cottage and we loved it. It brought back so many happy memories of when we first stayed there over 20 years ago. Today it provides luxury accommodation in a fantastic location with views to die for. As ever, time and tide rule the day and although the rear path is good, it is not for the elderly or infirm. Much better to wait for the tide to go out and have someone bring the car to the door! We booked Philip Watts for a birthday celebration dinner for 11 people and could not have wished for better.