23rd Jul 2021 - 2nd Sep 2021
Great house for sharing with the kids
A lovely spacious house that catered for our needs. It is old and characterful so we did not expect 5 star facilities. The weather was also not excellent but the location was.
Mike C - August 2020
BBQ on the terrace under a canopy of stars on balmy summer evenings or curl up in front of the open fire with a glass of wine in winter at Portland House, a spacious holiday cottage neat Whitchurch. Whether you are planning a long summer holiday or a weekend break with a large group of friends, Portland House in the Wye Valley offers all the home-from-home comforts you’d expect from this semi-detached, part-Georgian country house in idyllic rural surroundings in Herefordshire.
Accommodation at Portland House comprises:
• A large lounge with open fire and comfortable sofas and armchairs
• An elegant dining room with tables that can be combined to seat 20 guests or set apart for smaller groups or 6-8.
• A large and very well-equipped kitchen designed with the need to easily feed large groups of hungry guests with a double electric oven, a 4-ring gas hob, a twin-
ring electric hob, a pair of microwave ovens, one with a convector oven and grill, a fridge/freezer and cupboard loads of utensils, plates and crockery. The Aga is also on between October and April
• A utility room with a dishwasher and Boot room with washing machine and tumble dryer, plus free standing electric oven and 4 electric rings
• A sunny conservatory overlooking the garden
Portland House has a total of seven bedrooms on the ground, 1st and 2nd floors comprising:
• A Day Room on the ground floor with sofa which converts to a bed, also a single futon and roll out bed, alongside is small conservatory overlooking the garden, also a ground floor wet room with walk-in power-shower, separate bath and WC
• Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
• Treble bedroom offering rural views over Doward Hill with single beds, TV and en-suite bathroom
• A suite of two rooms, with countryside views sleeping up to 6 guests having a King-size bed in one room plus a pair of single beds and set of adult-size bunk beds in the second. Both bedrooms have a TV/DVD and access to a bathroom with a shower. The single bedded room is perfect for young children
• A large double bedroom with a 4-poster bed, Chesterfield sofa and TV/DVD-player. The en-suite bathroom contains a large Victorian roll-top bath for long soaks after a day walking in the Herefordshire countryside.
• The final bedroom contains a double bed with a single bed and en-suite bathroom with another power shower.
• A family bedroom with a king-size bed and bunk beds
The garden has ample off-road parking.
Portland House lies within easy reach of the Wye Valley Walk and several cycling routes. There are four cafes and pubs within walking distance while other family attractions in Whitchurch include, the River Wye with water activities including canoeing, plus Mini golf, Butterfly museum and a Maze.
|Per Night||Per Week||From||To|
|From £472||From £3200||Fri 23rd July 2021||Thu 2nd September 2021|
|From £358||From £2500||Fri 3rd September 2021||Thu 21st October 2021|
|From £343||From £2400||Fri 22nd October 2021||Thu 9th December 2021|
|From £258||From £2100||Fri 10th December 2021||Wed 22nd December 2021|
|From £358||From £2100||Fri 10th December 2021||Tue 21st December 2021|
|From £500||From £3200||Wed 22nd December 2021||Mon 3rd January 2022|
|From £428||From £2990||Thu 23rd December 2021||Sun 2nd January 2022|
|From £500||From £3200||Thu 23rd December 2021||Mon 3rd January 2022|
|From £358||From £2200||Tue 4th January 2022||Thu 31st March 2022|
|From £415||From £2900||Fri 1st April 2022||Thu 7th April 2022|
|From £400||From £2700||Fri 1st April 2022||Thu 14th April 2022|
|From £415||From £2900||Fri 15th April 2022||Sat 30th April 2022|
|From £400||From £2700||Fri 15th April 2022||Thu 28th April 2022|
|From £429||From £2900||Fri 29th April 2022||Mon 2nd May 2022|
|From £365||From £2050||Tue 3rd May 2022||Thu 2nd June 2022|
|From £365||From £2050||Tue 3rd May 2022||Wed 1st June 2022|
|From £429||From £2900||Thu 2nd June 2022||Mon 6th June 2022|
|From £382||From £2600||Tue 7th June 2022||Thu 14th July 2022|
|From £443||From £2900||Fri 15th July 2022||Thu 8th September 2022|
|From £443||From £2900||Mon 1st August 2022||Thu 8th September 2022|
|From £382||From £2600||Fri 9th September 2022||Fri 30th September 2022|
Lovely Holiday House
August 26th 2020
We spend a lovely 10 days in this wonderful house. The house although not ultra modern is well kept and very clean. It is large and very spacious so plenty of room for all the kids to run about! The garden is fantastic and has a lovey sitting area. Kitchen is stocked with everything you could need. The bedrooms are spacious and comfortable. All in all I would highly recommend this house. The owners were lovely to deal with and nothing was an issue.
Great weekend for a reunion
January 10th 2020
Thank you for providing us with a lovely place to stay.
December 13th 2019
Thank you - a really interesting house.
December 6th 2019
we had a great weekend in Whitchurch annual university reunion with many kids and a mini Christmas for them.
November 15th 2019
Lovely house. Plenty of room for our big group. Great welcome as well with the fancy mince pies! Many thanks
November 8th 2019
Lovely family get-together. perfect location for walks and sport.
November 1st 2019
I just wanted to say thank you for our stay in your lovely house and for the beautiful cake that welcomed us. We all had a fabulous time celebrating my parents special wedding anniversary and the accommodation couldn’t have been better.
Truely wonderful place
September 20th 2019
Thank you so much, a great place to stay. 70th Birthday Celebration with family and friends. Multiple nationalities and a great time had by all. What a party we had! The marvellous weather helped us enjoy the lovely garden.
July 5th 2019
Portland house exceeded our expectations and we had a fantastic weekend away. The house itself is beautiful and has everything you could need, we were never short for anything in the kitchen, including dishwashing tablets, black bags, washing up liquid and most importantly scones. The garden is a beautiful space, I wish we had stayed another day so I could enjoy it more.