3rd Jan 2019 - 11th Apr 2019
A five-minute walk from the majestic River Wye near Symonds Yat, Portland House is a first class, large holiday cottage with an award-winning garden offering group accommodation for up to 20 guests in a peaceful rural location near Whitchurch in Herefordshire.
BBQ on the terrace under a canopy of stars on balmy summer evenings or curl up in front of the log burner with a glass of wine in winter at Portland House, a spacious holiday cottage neat Whitchurch. Whether you are planning a long summer holiday or a weekend break with a large group of friends, Portland House in the Wye Valley offers all the home-from-home comforts you’d expect from this semi-detached, part-Georgian country house in idyllic rural surroundings in Herefordshire.
Accommodation at Portland House comprises:
• A large lounge with log burner and comfortable sofas and armchairs
• An elegant dining room with tables that can be combined to seat 20 guests or set apart for smaller groups or 6-8.
• A large and very well-equipped kitchen designed with the need to easily feed large groups of hungry guests with a 4-ring gas hob, a twin-ring electric hob, a pair of microwave ovens, one with a convector oven and grill, a fridge/freezer and cupboard loads of utensils, plates and crockery.
• A utility room with a dishwasher and Boot room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
• A sunny conservatory overlooking the garden
Portland House has a total of seven bedrooms on the ground, 1st and 2nd floors comprising:
• A Day Room on the ground floor with sofa bed and futon with a ground floor wet room with walk-in power-shower, separate bath and WC with its own small conservatory
• Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
• Treble bedroom offering rural views over Doward Hill with single beds, TV and en-suite bathroom
• A suite of two rooms, with countryside views sleeping up to 6 guests having a King-size bed in one room plus a pair of single beds and set of adult-size bunk beds in the second. Both bedrooms have a TV/DVD and access to a bathroom with a shower. The single bedded room is perfect for young children being stocked with games
and a doll’s house.
• A large double bedroom with a 4-poster bed, Chesterfield sofa and TV/DVD-player. The en-suite bathroom contains a large Victorian roll-top bath for long soaks after a day walking in the Herefordshire countryside.
• The final bedroom contains a double bed with a single bed and en-suite bathroom with another power shower.
• A family bedroom with a king-size bed and bunk beds
The garden has ample off-road parking.
Portland House lies within easy reach of the Wye Valley and several cycling routes. There are four cafes and pubs within walking distance while other family attractions in Whitchurch include Mini golf, Butterfly museum and a Maze.
|Per Night||Per Week||From||To|
|From £300||From £1890||Thu 3rd January 2019||Thu 11th April 2019|
|From £340||From £2100||Fri 12th April 2019||Thu 25th April 2019|
|From £300||From £1950||Fri 26th April 2019||Thu 2nd May 2019|
|From £350||From £2100||Fri 3rd May 2019||Thu 9th May 2019|
|From £315||From £1950||Fri 10th May 2019||Thu 23rd May 2019|
|From £358||From £2250||Fri 24th May 2019||Thu 18th July 2019|
|From £393||From £2500||Fri 19th July 2019||Thu 5th September 2019|
|From £358||From £2300||Fri 6th September 2019||Thu 3rd October 2019|
|From £329||From £2100||Fri 4th October 2019||Sun 22nd December 2019|
|From £329||From £2100||Fri 4th October 2019||Thu 19th December 2019|
|From £500||From £2950||Fri 20th December 2019||Thu 2nd January 2020|
|From £500||From £2950||Mon 23rd December 2019||Thu 2nd January 2020|