One of several cottages within the prestigious development of the Old Vicarage, a late Georgian Rectory with communal woodland and grounds extending to approximately 2.5 acres. Apple Tree Cottage features open countryside views to the rear enclosed garden, access to the two acre woodland and the tranquil landscaped Victorian communal walled garden to the front. Feel yourself relax with the sound of the trees rustling in the wind, while watching the horses graze in the pastures to the rear of the property. You are cast back in time, with the occasional toot of the Wells to Walsingham steam train or the choral music drifting over from the village.
Just a short pleasant walk to the village that offers a public house, post office, village shop, cafes, renowned farm shop complex, along with the award winning Norfolk Riddle Restaurant and adjoining fish and chip shop.
Apple Tree Cottage facilities at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite shower and one family bathroom.
- Enclosed walled garden to the front.
- Enclosed garden with view over open pastures to the rear.
- Parking for two vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Please note there is a 20 metre shingle path from the parking area to the coded security gates into the courtyard garden. This pathway may not be suitable for guests with mobility difficulties.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
Additional features * All accommodation is on the ground floor. * Electric flame effect fire, underfloor heating to the bathrooms. * Electric hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer. * 37-inch Flatscreen TV with freesat, PVR digital recorder, DVD player, Radio/CD player with iPod dock. * Travel cot and high chair available on request. * Garden furniture and small charcoal barbecue.
Norfolk attractions and nearby amenities
- Walsingham offers excellent walking and cycling routes whilst only a short drive to the beaches of Wells and Holkham, voted Britain's best beach in the 2009 Coast Awards and famously a scene of Shakespeare in Love.
- The renowned local farm shop and butcher supplying excellent home grown produce.
- The medieval village of Little Walsingham with its quaint tea rooms, art galleries, antique shops, food pubs and a handmade chocolate and ice cream shop.
- It is a short drive to the seal trips from Blakeney, the shopping at Holt and Burnham Market or the numerous RSPB nature reserves.
- An abundance of scenic walking and cycle routes including the 20 acre grounds of Walsingham Abbey.
- There are award winning places to eat, such as the Norfolk Riddle restaurant, its adjoining fish and chip shop and the Great Walsingham Barns.
- Sailcraft School at Brancaster Staithe - Tel 01485 210236
- Oceanus Sailing at Wells - Tel 01328 864141 or Jimmy Goodley on 07901 510236. Oceanus do introductory sessions on powerboats or dinghies.
- Charlie World Traditional Boats Sailing and Charter. Tel 07979 643717
To check availability, make an enquiry or book Apple Tree Cottage, please use the Visit Website buttons for further information. When making an enquiry, please tell us that you found this Norfolk holiday cottage in Little Walsingham on the My Favourite Holiday Cottages website. Thank you.