Located in the North Yorkshire countryside a 10-minute drive inland from the coast at Bridlington, The Old Granary is a large and comfortable holiday home with a hot tub in Burton Agnes. Families and groups of friends are welcome for traditional holidays or short breaks, reunions and celebrations with friends or the extended family. Recently and lovingly restored, oak beams and exposed brickwork retain the rustic feel, which embraces contemporary fixtures and fittings and sparklingly white bathrooms, creating a comfortable blend of old and new
Sleeping 14-16 guests in 5 bedrooms, this luxury countryside cottage close to the Yorkshire coast is just the place for combining trips to the beach with days out exploring the North Yorkshire Moors and the Yorkshire Wolds.
Accommodation at The Old Granary comprises:
On the ground floor:
• A spacious entrance hall with a cosy sofa and chairs.
• A large and airy dining hall with an exposed brick interior, large windows and two dining tables to seat 16 which can be arranged to suit your requirements.
• Kitchen equipped with a double oven, 7-ring hob, large American-style fridge and other appliances to make it easy to cater for large groups. From the kitchen, doors lead out to the patio which is equipped to provide an al fresco dining space on warm days and evenings.
• Lounge: the former grain storage space, fully restored to create an expansive room with original wooden beams and exposed brick walls. The large flat screen TV has a Sky package and there is also a DVD player and stereo music system.
• A large bedroom with a King-size double bed with two day beds that convert to sofas by day. This bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with bath and shower facilities.
• Twin bedroom with full-size single beds
• A double bedroom
• Family bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, WC and basin.
First floor bedrooms comprise
• A double bedroom with king-size bed, and a roomy lounge area containing two single single day beds and separate en-suite bathroom with bath, shower and twin sinks.
• A double bedroom with two sets of zip and link beds allowing it to be used as a double or twin room plus an additional sofa bed. This room also has its own en-suite bathroom with bath and shower cubicle.
• Wi-Fi is available in most areas of the house.
• For adult-only groups, the maximum capacity is 14. For groups of guests with adults and children or hen parties the capacity increase to 16.
• The Old Granary backs on to the local railway line between Bridlington and Hull. Passenger trains run approximately every 30-mins from breakfast time to 10.30pm. As windows in the house are double and triple glazed, the noise created by passing trains is almost imperceptible, especially with music or the TV playing. The track is not accessible from the house or garden.
Seasonal Price Guide
|£4070||£4500||Friday 7th September 2018||Thursday 20th December 2018|
|£4314||£4770||Friday 4th January 2019||Thursday 4th July 2019|
|£4547||£5088||Friday 5th July 2019||Thursday 5th September 2019|
|£4314||£4770||Friday 6th September 2019||Thursday 19th December 2019|
|£3700||£3700||Monday 30th December 2019||Wednesday 1st January 2020|
Great Weekend Away by Nic Wilson on July 14th 2017
We hired the Gatsby for a joint celebration of our daughter’s 21st birthday and my 50th birthday. It was fabulous. Everyone had a great time. The house looked lovely in the photos but we were blown away by how spacious and grand it was in reality. There were 27 of us for 3 days and we were never short of a quiet spot or falling over each other. The dart board, table tennis and snooker tables, and hot tub kept us occupied. There are also nice walks and activities in the area for longer stays. The icing on the cake was the snowy weather we had - it and the open fire set the scene beautifully. No one wanted to leave at the end of our stay and we’d all return in a heart beat. Can’t speak highly enough of it.
Fantastic Hen Do by Caroline Fowler on May 6th 2017
I booked the Old Granary for my hen party after a friend recommended it. I had seen good reviews from previous guests so was expecting good things but my experience over the weekend exceeded all my expectations. I stayed at the Old Granary for 2 nights with 12 of my family and friends. The Old Granary was a great size and slept up to 16 people. All the rooms had their own character and were very spacious. The kitchen was slightly small for the amount of people staying, however, there was all the appliances needed to make food throughout the weekend. The hot tub seated up to 8 people at a time and this was popular with my guests over the weekend. My maid of honour booked several treats for me throughout the weekend including afternoon tea, a 3 course meal, a butler and a disco/karaoke. All these activities were booked through the Old Granary and Helen, the owner, helped to make sure these activities went to plan. Everyone who stayed at the Old Granary commented on how fantastic their stay had been and we all wished we could have stayed longer. Would highly recommend!
Hen do for 16 by Annie John on July 1st 2016
I booked the Old Granary for my sisters hen do. I was looking for somewhere that would sleep 16, that didn't mean I had to organise taxi's to and from activities, where we could relax (with copious amounts of booze) but have stuff to do. This place, along with the hen do package was perfect. Karen was a star, perfect host & great cook. Massages on the Saturday morning were perfect after a night Of drinking & people were able to chill in the hot tub. I was slightly dubious about the belly dancing and dj on the Saturday but I needn't have been. What was great was people could dip in and out of the activities. Lunch and dinner of both nights were great, with plenty of food left over. I personally didn't leave the grounds but I was told it was lovely to walk into the village and along the water. We were very lucky with the weather so a lot of the weekend was sat in the sun in the garden chit chatting with wine. The house was beautiful, loads of room didn't feel like you were on top of each other and was just a brilliant weekend. Thanks karen x
Availability and enquiries
Cottage added 27th June 2018