Located on the Southern-most tip of mainland Britain, the six adjacent cottages of Lizard Lighthouse present guests with dazzling scenery and coastal walks right on the doorstep. Rare and beautiful flora and fauna make this cliff top location particularly special. The nearby Lizard Village provides shops, restaurants and a friendly pub only a short 14 mile distance away.
Lizard Lighthouse is a fully working lighthouse, first established in 1619. The distinctive two white towers were built in 1751 by private entrepreneur Thomas Fonnereau, and first lit on 22 August of that year. Trinity House assumed control of the Lizard Lighthouse in 1771 and continues to look after its operation to this day. It became electrified in 1924 and then fully automated in 1998. It has a 26 mile light range and an automatic 3 mile fog signal if conditions are misty.
Please be aware, this site is open to the public for lighthouse tours. If you are interested in arranging a tour, please click here for further information or call 01326 290202.
Lizard Light House Holiday Cottage at a Glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms, two doubles and two twins.
- One en-suite shower room, one family bathroom, additional WC.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- This is an operations lighthouse with an automatic, electric fog signal. During occasional periods of fog and mist, ear plugs are provided for your comfort.
- Enclosed courtyard.
- Parking for two cars.
- Minimum stay of two nights.
- Unique location with dazzling scenery.
- Coastal walks right on the doorstep.
- Enclosed courtyard with seating.
- Electric oven/hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave.
- TV and DVD player.
- Travel Cot and Highchair available on request
West Cornwall Attractions and Amenities
The property is ideally situated within the Lizard Peninsular, ideal for places like St. Michael's Mount, St. Ives, Mousehole, Newlyn, Penzance and The Helford River.
Visit the world famous Lands End.
For a great family day out visit the Tate St Ives.
There are an abundance of small seaside towns with a wealth of teashops, cafes, independent shops and restaurants.
Visit the English Heritage properties of St Mawes and Pendennis Castles.
Lizard Lighthouse is presented in association with Trinity House.
To make an enquiry or book Round Island, please use the Visit Website buttons for further information. When making an enquiry, please tell us that you found this holiday cottage in Helston on the My Favourite Holiday Cottages website. Thank you.