St Catherine's Lighthouse is situated just outside the hamlet of Niton, approximately 10 minutes drive from the popular coastal resort of Ventnor in a clifftop location on the southernmost point of the Isle of Wight. The site comprises a terrace of three self-catering, former lighthouse keepers' cottages, There is an excellent real ale pub a 10-minute walk up the hill.
Gunard Cottage at a glance * Sleeps five guests. * Three bedrooms and one bathroom plus further wc. * Fully enclosed and private courtyard with a shared open grassed area. * Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog). The ferries welcome dogs in the passenger lounges in dedicated areas and provide water bowls. * Parking is available. Please see notes.WiFi.
* The lighthouse does not have a fog signal. * Minimum of a two night stay. * Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Electric effect wood burner, electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- TV and CD player.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
There are guided tours of the lighthouse throughout the year (subject to availability). If you would like to view the lighthouse please click here or telephone 01983 730435.
Also on this site is Penda Cottage, sleeping five guests and Landward Cottage, sleeping four guests.
Isle of Wight Attractions and Nearby Amenities
- Within easy reach of the beach.
- Enjoy a historical day exploring Carisbrooke Castle, Brading Roman Villa or Arreton Old Village.
- Stroll around the lovely Rosemary Vineyard.
- Close by is Sandown Pier.
- Isle of Wight Military History Museum
- A great day for the whole family is Robin Hill Park and Gardens, the brilliant Isle of Wight Zoo as well as Seaview Wildlife Encounters.
- Nearby beaches include Ventnor beach, Shanklin beach, Freshwater Bay and Sandown beach including the Battery Gardens. The island is very dog friendly and that there are 9 beaches that welcome dogs all year round.
Travelling times are approximately one and a half to two hours from London to Lymington Ferry Port or Portsmouth Ferry Port - 30 minute ferry crossing, 30 minute drive from Yarmouth or 35 minutes form Fishbourne to Niton village.
To make an enquiry or book Gurnard Cottage, please use the Visit Website buttons for further information. When making an enquiry, please tell us that you found this Isle of Wight Holiday Cottage on the My Favourite Holiday Cottages website. Thank you.