Penda is an ex-lighthouse keeper's cottage at St Catherine's Lighthouse on the Isle of Wight. Beautifully restored to create a cosy Isle of Wight holiday cottage with superb sea views from its cliff top location, this holiday cottage near Ventnor is only a few minutes walk down the beach , and ten minute walk up the hill to a welcoming pub.
Penda is the end cottage to the west on the St Catherine' s Lighthouse site and offers accommodation for five guests. It features entrance hall, sitting room, dining room, fully fitted kitchen, bathroom, double bedroom, twin bedroom and single bedroom.
St Catherine's Lighthouse is situated in a rural location over looking the coast ten minutes from Ventnor, just outside the hamlet of Niton on the southernmost point of the Isle of Wight.
Penda Holiday Cottage at a Glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- Three bedrooms and one bathroom plus further wc.
- Fully enclosed and private courtyard with a shared open grassed area.
- Parking, please see Notes.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog). The ferries welcome dogs in the passenger lounges in dedicated areas and provide water bowls.
- The lighthouse does not have a fog signal.
- Minimum stay of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Electric effect wood burner, TV and CD player.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- There are guided tours of the lighthouse throughout the year (subject to availability). If you would like to view the lighthouse please click here or telephone 01983 730435.
- Within easy reach of the beach.
- Also on this site is Gurnard Cottage, sleeping five guests and Landward Cottage, sleeping four guests. Perfect for a multi-family holiday when booked together.
Ventnor Attractions and nearby amenities
- Enjoy a historical day exploring Carisbrooke Castle, Brading Roman Villa or Arreton Old Village.
- Stroll around the lovely Rosemary Vineyard.
- Close by is Sandown Pier.
- Isle of Wight Military History Museum
- A great day for the whole family is Robin Hill Park and Gardens, the brilliant Isle of Wight Zoo as well as Seaview Wildlife Encounters.
- Nearby beaches include Ventnor beach, Shanklin beach, Freshwater Bay and Sandown beach including the Battery Gardens. The island is very dog friendly and that there are 9 beaches that welcome dogs all year round.
- Travelling times are approximately one and a half to two hours from London to Lymington Ferry Port or Portsmouth Ferry Port - 30 minute ferry crossing, 30 minute drive from Yarmouth or 35 minutes form Fishbourne to Niton village.
Penda is available to rent in association with Trinity House.
To make an enquiry or book Penda Cottage please use the Visit Website buttons for further information. When making an enquiry, please tell us that you found this Isle of Wight cottage on the My Favourite Holiday Cottages website. Thank you.